Wednesday, October 5, 2011

New Year's Resolutions Fail!

Now that the three-quarters point of the year has passed, I am evaluating my New Year's resolutions and realizing that I really haven't done a good job of fulfilling my obligations to whatever New Year's fairies oversee that stuff. But I did get the most important one accomplished -- getting Gabby off to college. Even though I had to go back a week later to bring her home for a funeral. I think it was a good learning experience for her, especially when she arranged the train ride back to save me from the three-and-a-half hour return ride to Niagara University.

I'm sure I'm in good company among people who make promises to better themselves at the beginning of the year, but then fail miserably. Let's skip right over the weight loss thing and examine the "more positive outlook in the workplace" resolution -- with only a couple of slips and one major blowout, that might be my second closest-to-accomplished resolution. I think the "Attitude Adjustment Seminars" (aka wing nights) with my co-worker buddies have helped that one. Sipping a beer and eating wings with the boss makes for a happy work environment when we get back to the office, I think. I prescribe that for anyone feeling the workplace blues.

Well, I suppose I still have three months left to lose my age in pounds by my next birthday, and it's only a pound every other day. And if not, there's always another New Year's Eve right around the corner to make new (or remake the same old) New Year's resolutions ...

No comments:

Post a Comment